Trend of the development of the urban traffic management is, first of all, is the introduction of a modern Traffic Management System (TMS) built on the principles of ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems).
The main functional TMS subsystems:
- Traffic signal control subsystem (including in adaptive mode).
- Traffic information gathering subsystem.
- Subsystem of statistical analysis and analytical modeling of traffic flows on motorways.
- Signs variable information control subsystem (timely information road users in the decision-making sites about route changes).
- Priority public transportation subsystem ( and other categories of vehicles, such as rescue and ambulance services).
- Surveillance subsystem for traffic conditions on city highways (road accidents, car fault, etc.) with the transfer of information to the police, evacuation services, etc.
- Subsystem for fixing violations of traffic rules (speed, red light, violation of movement rules, etc.).
- Information service subsystem.
All this functionality is implemented in Rostok-ELEKOM TMS, according to Standart DSTU 4157-2003 "Automated traffic management systems technical peripherals".